• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

soft poos and small appetite

I'm not sure if it's because my bunnies are still settling in after being at the cattery as they only came home yesterday but they haven't eaten any of their pellets. :? They are both eating carrot tops and some spring greens and were grazing when they were out in their run this morning so they haven't stopped eating all together. They are pooping but this morning Millie did some soft poops. :? I'm not sure if this has anything to do with her small appetite so I wanted to check. Is there anything I should do? Do they need to go to the vets? Thanks for any advice. :D

I would say go to the vets. Do you have any bio lapis in? You could put some in the water.

What's bio lapis? No I don't have any of that. :( It's only the emergency vets open at the weekend, does she need to go today or can it wait till tomorrow? :?

Bio lapis is a probotic which is good for settling tums. Does she seem ok in herself? As long as she eating, drinking and pooing she'll be ok to go tomorrow, just as long as she's not in any pain. The disruption has possibly stressed her out and she may return back to normal tomorrow anyway.

Yes she seems normal, she was binkying around her run this morning and is still eating greens and hay. I'll keep an close eye on her incase she gets any worse but hopefully it's just the stress of moving surroundings. Thanks for your help. :D

Back