• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another bunny fight

touie

Wise Old Thumper
this time it was Caramel and Fudge, she started it :shock: and Fudge came off the worst :shock: the poor boy has quite a hole in his back :( I've put dermosol cream on it but is there anything else I should do to help prevent infection?

yes she is, Fudge escaped while they were out in the garden. All was ok for 5 mins than she went for him. After she bit him he went mad trying to get her with his back legs but i managed to grab him before he hurt her back!

If the bite has penetrated more than just the top layer of skin, ie gone into muscle or the wound is actually a tear then he needs Veterinary attention ASAP.
Meantime you need to flush the wound continuosly with cooled boiled water for at least 10 mins.
I would not put any creams or potions on it.
If in doubt a Vet check is always the best option.
A bite wound can easily abscessate which is always more of a problem to sort out.

Janex

Try manuka honey. I have had very good results from it for a couple of nasty bite wounds. It won't allow bacteria to live in the wound. But if it is a deep one get some antibiotics from the vet too.

just had a look this morning and it looks completely different. It looks bigger but much shallower. It seems only the top layer of skin has been damaged, thought I couldn't have a good look as he was being a bit aggressive but will try again later

Back