• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ratty newbies

Karly

Banned
These lovely guys arrived today, I'm in love already!
They were on a freead as the owner didn't have time for them, but they were only bought in December and are 6 months old.
The dumbo (called Dumbo!) is apparently the cuddlier of the two, and the husky (Joey) apparently loves to explore everything and is a bit of a nibbler.
They've settled in great already and have had a little bit of a cuddle, and are exploring their cage like mad (although it's their old cage :roll: )
Time for the pics!

P4210065.jpg

P4210066.jpg

P4210068.jpg

P4210069.jpg

P4210071.jpg

P4210072.jpg

P4210073.jpg

P4210074.jpg

P4210076.jpg

P4210077.jpg

P4210078.jpg

P4210079.jpg

P4210081.jpg

P4210082.jpg

P4210083.jpg

P4210085.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ratties!!! :love: :love: :love: but I told my self no more after Hazel died :cry: but I'm sooooo tempted to adopt some more! I even have a big rat cage in the shed! :shock:

I've never had boys, only girls, but I used to cuddle my friends boys and promised myself I would have boys when the girls passed on.

But I just got a baby girl last week :?

Girls are so much smaller, although my old girl looks to be about the size as one of Karly's boys :?

all my girls were so hyper! they were lovely and friendly and fun to watch, but didn't like cuddles as much as my big lazy boys. I had a pair of siameese rats called Magic and Mystery and they were so laid back and loved to sit on my knee, curl up and go to sleep! :lol: my other boys were the same! ( apart from timmy who was a bit crazy due to some stupid kid trying to flush him :shock: :shock: )

Gem said:
Girls are so much smaller, although my old girl looks to be about the size as one of Karly's boys :?

These boys are quite small, they look like they've still got some growing to do.
I always said I'd stick to girls, not really being keen on certain attributes of boys! However, a friend of mine took on some boys a work colleague of hers couldn't keep, but her dad didn't like them so she couldn't keep them permanently so I took them on. Totally didn't notice the 'attributes', then got offered a boy at a petshop I used to work in who fought with his brother and was too nervous and nippy to sell, then worked at Notcutts and found Wonky with his headtilt - he was going to be PTS as the meds hadn't fixed his headtilt :roll: so I took him on, and now I've got these boys! Think it's safe to say I caught the buck bug :lol:

Now this is what you call a big squishy buck!
P1010162.jpg

Gem, have you thought about looking out for a neutered buck in a rescue that could go with your girls? I've seen a few that have been neutered due to aggression with bucks but once infertile and calmed down, have been OK to go with does rather than bucks.
For example, this little squish I was asking about:
http://www.sprogpages.co.uk/NeuteredBoys.html
The lady fosters him for the Furryfriends rescue which has done several rat trains so distance shouldn't be a problem, and I know Emma is pro-neutering so may have some others too.

I might think think about getting a neutered buck if old Zena has to be PTS friday, I thnk Daphne will be a bit lost on her own

Back