• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has Storm stopped growing? pic added!

sparklefairy

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya!

I was just wondering if my French Lop, Storm, has stopped growing. He is now around 7 months and over 4.5kg :shock: I know some smaller bunnies have finished growing around 7-9 months. Gypsy my Lionhead stopped at around 8 months and started to fill out for a few more months.
I have heard that larger breeds take longer to grow fully.
When is it common for a lovely Frenchie to be fully grown?

Not sure about the giants :?
The only Frenchie I have had was an adult when I adopted her.
Be interested to hear when the larger breeds do reach their full size :? :?

4.5KG....... :shock: :shock: BIG BUNSTER!! :lol: :lol:

Janex

:lol: :lol: yes, he's a BIG boy! and stroppy with it :shock: he hates being picked up :? so you can imagine the lovely scratches I get if I try! :shock: and he used to be such a cuddley baby :roll: i
If he gets any bigger I may have to move out of my bedroom into the shed! :shock: :lol: :lol:

and here is the lovely big bunster! :D

stormystretch.jpg

He's gorgeous :D He still has a bit of a youngster look about him though so he might not get longer but he'll probably fill out a bit ;)

Tam

Tamsin said:
He still has a bit of a youngster look about him though so he might not get longer but he'll probably fill out a bit ;)
Yes that's exactly what I was just thinking too! He's adorable :love:

Tamsin said:
He's gorgeous :D He still has a bit of a youngster look about him though so he might not get longer but he'll probably fill out a bit ;)

Tam
:shock: :shock: :shock: fill out even more! WOW! he will be HUGE!! Are French lops supposed to be,...erm a bit wider than the average bun?

Lops in general are wider across the shoulders and sort of squarer than other breeds. Matches their head shape I guess.

Just look at those feet :love:

Awww look at him all stretched out! What a cutie.

French Lops are generally finished with the majority of their growing at about 8 months old, but some lines take up to 1.5 years to "fill out" completely, so he will probably get more "bulk" to him after 8 months. :lol:

Tamsin said:
Lops in general are wider across the shoulders and sort of squarer than other breeds. Matches their head shape I guess.

Just look at those feet :love:

yes, he has very hairy feet :lol: :lol: ( very BIG feet too!)

kiz said:
Awww look at him all stretched out! What a cutie.

French Lops are generally finished with the majority of their growing at about 8 months old, but some lines take up to 1.5 years to "fill out" completely, so he will probably get more "bulk" to him after 8 months. :lol:

thank you! :D he's going to look like a bulldog version of a rabbit!! :lol: :lol:

Back