• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo question - sorry!!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
TMI warning!!

Humpty has always had small dark poos. When I got Pepper I noticed hers were much bigger and lighter in colour - and loads of them!! Well, today I got a new cage so Humpty could have his back again (Pepper had been in it and he had been free-range). Then I noticed that his cage (which Pepper has not been in) was full of the poo that I thought was Peppers. Bear with me, this is going somewhere. . :lol:
So firstly, is it weird that it changed. I did change to Excel about that time so could it be that? They seem a bit dryer now - is that good?
Also, it could mean that Pepper wasn't half as bad at marking her territory as I thought she was, which is good.

Well lots of large light coloured poops generally = a good high fibre diet and consequent healthy gut motility :D

So if Humpty's poops are bigger and more plentiful his guts are working better :D

Some people find their Buns get a mucky bum when on Excel Pellets. But mine are on it (albeit a TINY portion each day, their main diet is Hay) and none of them...all 32 :shock: :shock: have ever had a mucky bum.

Janex

Back