• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning

ladystardust

Alpha Buck
I read a book written by the RSPCA advising the use of discinfectant on rabbit hutches during the summer? Only a dilute solution mind you.

What do people use?

I use pet virkon for my litter trays and cages. It's very effective and I think it's economical as you make it as you use it. I get it in tablet form from sph supplies. 1 tablet makes 500ml. I think I got 5 tablets for £2.99

I use baby bottle steralizasion (sp? omg I wish I could spell :lol: ) solutions.

you are welcome! :D I forgot to mention that pet virkon states that it protects ( to some degree) against most virus's and infections. you can even use it as a shampoo for your pet ( which I never have!) they use it at some vets too!

I use Cascade cleaning disinfectant for small animals, you spray it in the hutch wipe over and leave to dry; I brought it from my local pet supplies.

I know this has been discussed before but vinegar is good for cleaning litter trays..get rid of limescale if it's been allowed to build up and prevents it returning,..

Back