• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size run?

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Our shed is nearly built :D It's in 2 sections. One for boring gardening equipment storage, & the other half for the buns. The bunny bit is 5'ft by 3' with a shelf on one wall. We're cutting an opening into the shed, so the bunnies have permanent access to a run. My question is - how big should the run bit be?

All my bunnies are house buns. They are all in the bunny rooms, in sections full-time. I have a bonded foursome (lionheads/english spots), 3 bonded pairs (the biggest being a Rex) & a single New Zealand - who is Big!

The shed/run is just so some can go out in nice weather. None of them live in hutches :D The run needs to be big enough for the foursome & the New Zealand White

I think the standard answer is... as big as you have space for.

I'm planning a similar run attatched to a shed, like you part storage and part sectioned off fro my 2 rabs. I will only manage a 3x6 run in the space I have but during the summer and on fine days the rest of the year they do have supervised play on the lawn.

Good luck.

Rabswood

Got to be honest I want bigger runs now, My runs are big but I wont be happy until I have no garden left :lol:

SOAD said:
Got to be honest I want bigger runs now, My runs are big but I wont be happy until I have no garden left :lol:

Yep i have made the bigest i can at the mo with the materials i have but once i have the hutches in place at the new house im going to add extensions if i have any materials left and if i don't i will add on when i can afford the extras. So yep Angie as big as you have space for XX

SOAD said:
I may try making some runs myslelf, it can't be hard can it?

Gaz is making mine :D Gonna see how 8ft L by 5ft W (5ft high) would look in the garden. They can be completely free range when I'm in & it's daylight. Just that I'm hardly ever in when it's daylight!!!
Also, if some buns are outside during the day, it means that their section in the bunny room can be opened out for the other buns to have more space :D

my one run is that size, it's big :thumb: I wil wait and see how yours turn out then I may have a go. :D

SOAD said:
my one run is that size, it's big :thumb: I wil wait and see how yours turn out then I may have a go. :D

Gaz has made a bunny palace for Polly & Alfie. It has a balcony & everything. He wants me to post it on here to see if anyone else wants one. Only problem is, piccie is in my phone & I don't know how to make it in my laptop. :shock: :oops:

send it multimedia message and type in your e-mail address, it works for me that way :D

I made a run. It is about 6ftx4.5 ft and 3 ft high. It was pretty easy - quite fun actually! They haven't been out in it yet, though, so yet to see if it stands up to wear and tear. I just couldn't find any that had the height I wanted for my big buns.

Back