• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow twigs

I have seen alot of willow toys/rings/twigs but I can't seem to get any here. I have willow trees in my paddock but I was wondering if it was the same? Just the normal weeping willow? There are different types of willows here and I didn't know if maybe you had a different tree over there called a willow. I would hate to give my bun some random twig because it was just called the same thing.

I'm pretty sure it is the same though which brings me onto the next thing. I've heard that you should snap what you want off and then leave it to dry out over a period of three months. Is this true? If it is then that really sucks.

Yeah I suppose being wet will help them bend without snapping. But does any one know the answers to my other questions. If its the same, do you have to dry them etc.

Yes, they need to be dried. As far as I know, the only twigs that can be fed fresh are apple twigs. There is a way to dry them with an oven, but I haven't been able to find that article again so I don't know what temperature or for how long.

Back