• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I persevere ? a food question

My rabbit really loves his Russel Rabbit food and tucks into it with gusto.

I have been slowly adding some science selective food ...but I have to say hes really is not interested in it and doesnt dive on it as he would mix.

I know its a better food for him so do I continue to persevere with it or give him what he likes. !!

all my rabbits were on a mix before I got them, except Benny - I just put them straight onto science selective and they went mad for it. They didn't have a lot of choice! Although you are meant to swap gradually you do have to swap - if he's getting less and less Russell over the course of a fortnight, he will eventually be forced to eat the SS.

rather than just add SS, make sure you take away some Russell too, to make up the same amount of food in his dish, or he'll carry on eating what he's familiar with.

You really need to persevere. The mixes are really really bad for them :cry: Some rabbits are more stubborn about this than others - I have a very stubborn madam here with me now, she hasn't eaten any pellets in over a week :roll: But she isn't getting mix from me, it has already given her a mucky bum and teeth problems :cry:

Back