• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAQ: What does the red ! button do?

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
You may have noticed (or not) that there is a new button the top right or each post:

icon_report.gif

What is this strange and exciting new button you may be thinking (or if you're Adele... what can break when I press this ;) ).

This button lets you report a specific post to us if you think it's a 'problem post'. When you click on the button you'll be given a box to fill in a note about why you think the post is a 'problem post'. This will flag the post up to myself and Adele for checking/dealing with.

Me and Adele get a nice table with a list of posts that need dealing with :)

Questions

I don't like button, I want to PM you.

Go on then :) If you prefer to send a PM we don't mind.

I don't want to report the post incase loads of people do and it annoys you.
Never fear! If someones already alerted us you'll get a little note letting you know.

What's a 'problem post'?
That's a bit more tricky to answer... basically anything that breaks our rules... personal attacks, inappropriate content etc. It doesn't have to be something serious... you can send us a report if you just think it needs a warning added about a distressing picture or you think the topic might turn into a problem and we should keep an eye on it. As I said above you get a box to say why you think we should take a look.

I'm not sure whether I should report this post.
Well, might as well. It won't take us too long to give it a quick peek and cross it off the list. We promise never to yell and/or laugh at your your concerns.

I think that's everything covered :)

Tam

thanks tamsin, i noticed the button and held my mouse cursor over it and it came up and said report post so then i knew

lisa

Back