• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how often..

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
Just a quick question, I was just wondering how often you feed your rabbits fruit? after a recent trip to the vets they commented on how molly was getting a bit portly :oops: and i should cut out fruit...only he has fruit about 3 times a week and I didnt think it was that much...should i be feeding him less? does it make them fat?!?

Thanks x

How much pellets or mix does he have, I think more often thats the problem rather than too much fruit, I'm not certain though.

How much fruit do you give him, when he gets it?

I know fruit it very high in sugar so in theory its not how many times they get it its how much you give I think :?

Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer

I never give mine fruit - but I think pellets would be the main culprit with a fat bunny, and carrot maybe - plus of course 'treats' if she has any.

My bunnies are all on a diet at the mo, except Tia - just a small handful of pellets a day, plus as much hay as they want, and a bit of veg at teatime, plus grass when they're on it.

A little pellets and lots of hay.
90% hay to 10% pellets, thats how I feed my rabbits.
They also get veg and a little fruit.

well he gets a handfull of pellets a day plus loads of hay only thing is he shares with a lady and I feel that maybe he eats her food also which is why i have started to feed them at different times!

They get veg every day and fruit every couple of days! Hes become really lazy after he was neutered and I struggle to get him to run around! I try to encourage him with cardboard boxes and he has a 6ft 3 storey hutch but will still sleep all day! :lol:

My girlie bun was a little tubby and wolfs her food down.. i was worried my lad wasnt getting all his pellets quick enough before she ate his too! Ive solved this mainly by putting the pellets in a treat ball.. it slows their food intake down and so its more fair share and also makes them move around more.. they love it!

Once a week and then only a tiny amount. But to be honest I have tried them on a few types of fruit and they much prefer greens. Although Piper does like the occasional nibble on a pear. :lol:

i think i feed apples around once a month - prob not even that, as when im out shopping i never assoicate apples with buns so i only remember once in a while :lol: which is prob a good thing as its bad for their teeth

Polly and Pip are on a diet - Pip is like a little weeble :roll: Have cut their pellets down to half a handfull twice a day and veg and ofcourse hay :D I gave Gizmo apple after he was neutered cos he wasnt eating and he loved it aso I will maybe give him some now and then :D

Back