• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What comes first the myxi or the vhd jab ?

Can anyone tell me if it's okay for the VHD to be given first as Marlon's is now due a couple of weeks before his next myxi?
I left his last myxi a month late so I could get it done at the same time as Bella's. It's all due in August.

I don't see any reason why not. As long as they are at least two weeks apart it shouldn't matter. It does seem the trend to do myxi first by if not heard anyone give a reason for it.

Tam

Thanks, will let you know what my vet says on Friday and which one he recommends is best first. Be interesting to find out. :)

Aliandbuns said:
missblondebunny said:
im off to get all my bunnies (all 13) their myxi jabs today @3pm

Are you back yet? :lol:

Which poor bunny got to be the 13th? :shock:

(copied from another post:)

i went in at 3pm and came out at 4.10

there were a lot of people waiting after me - think i held everything up

as i took all 13 in one go i got 10% off which i thought was good of them and she also burred some teeth for me FOC. i wasn't expecting discount as the myxi jab is only £7.50 anyway!!!

was a struggle carrying all those cases back and fourth and OH just sat in the car and didnt help at all :evil:

missblondebunny said:
was a struggle carrying all those cases back and fourth and OH just sat in the car and didnt help at all :evil:

What a meany :p .

When I take Molly and Piper to the vet my bf goes with me just to keep me company and he carries one of the bunnies so that I'm not struggling opening doors etc.

Aliandbuns said:
missblondebunny said:

What a meany :p .

When I take Molly and Piper to the vet my bf goes with me just to keep me company and he carries one of the bunnies so that I'm not struggling opening doors etc.

im going back in 2 -3 weeks

can i borrow your bf? :lol:

My vet did VHD then myxi and I had no probs with the buns.

Aliandbuns said:

If they're bonded can't you just get a big enough carrier for the both of them? Or are they too heavy if they're together/ :lol: Alfie & Tilly happily go in the same carrier.

Back