• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Iris has an infection

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Iris had some very funny things happen over the weekend and i was very worried that she may have Cancer as she had diorhea (sp) and lumps in her belly and funny coloured urine.

Fortunatly it's not Cancer!!!! She was down to see Hazel this morning but took a turn for the worse last night so we went then instead. She has an infection in her colon. The lumps we were feeling were poo which has now all shifted and she is pooing for britain!

She has painkillers, Baytril and Pro-biotics for a week for starters and she's to go back and see Hazel next Monday if she doesn't get any worse, but seeing her today compared to yesterday she's alot better! The best thing is that i have had to bring her in the house for monetoring and she's turned ever so snuggely!!!!! :D

So Fingers crossed she will be just fine!!!!

Glad Iris is improving :D :D
Between your Buns and mine I think we are keeping the Vets in business :roll: :roll:

Janex

JCO said:
Glad Iris is improving :D :D
Between your Buns and mine I think we are keeping the Vets in business :roll: :roll:

Janex

Definatly Jane!!!!! :lol: She has improved a great deal since yesterday im just waiting for her poos to return to normal!!

Re: ,

honeybunny said:
Phil good luck with your poo patrol! :D give Iris a snuggle form me. x

I will Jill and thanks Jennifer, it's very yucky inspecting poo every hour but it has to be done!

Well Iris had another explosion on Doireaha (sp) last night very runny this time and then her poos went sticky again. She's eating well and i just have her on pellets and hay.

She should get back to a normal state of poo soon. The amount of poo Star does you would think she is hiding another 5 buns in her house!

Back