• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog bed... ?

Bunster

Young Bun
Hey all,

I was in the pet shop the other day and saw a 'Douglas-sized' dog bed - it's just like a large flattened cushion. When Douglas is indoors in the evening he likes lounging about a lot. He has a particular spot in the dining room and just likes to lay out, legs spread-eagled 'n' all. Do you think bunnies like to lay on comfy cushy thingys? I've heard of some bunnies lounging on sofas and beds - Douglas doesn't do the sofa cos it's leather but I have caught him on the bed once or twice. Do you think it would be worth getting the dog bed, guys?

Stephanie and Baby Douglas the Bun

I wouldnt get it if it was hugely expensive...
Cos I thought snowflake would like a bed like that, I put it in her favourite spot and she removed it in great disgust and doesnt like it anywhere near her anymore, :lol:

what an excellent idea, i think bunny would love it. Mr Pips does try to get in my dogs doughnut bed, and he likes digging in there altho its not his. he has a furry blanket type bed that i think was desgined for a cat that he lies on in his indoor cage, its great i just run the vac over it to get rid of any fur or hay and throw it in the washer. go on get it im sure he would appreciate it :wink:

Alpha n Mr pips

What does he do if you put a cushion on the floor? My buns ignore cushions, they prefer towels ( :?: :? :?: ) so I know I wouldn't bother buying a dogs bed. But if it's not expensive you could give it a go??!! :D

i would imagine that all fabric dog beds are designed with the inevitability of a good wash in mind. all the ones i know of can be put through the machine but no hotter than 40 degrees C.

i gave my two one after noticing how much they seemed to like sitting on the cushions. they dismissed this ideal of comfort and instead used it as a poohbox :?

I thought willow would like one aswell so i put it in his spot where he liked to lie, he threw it across the room and then happily settled down on the cold hard floor :lol:

Maybe try a cushion or towel there to see if he likes it

Well, it was only eight squid so I'll get it. I might try the towel thing first. He does seem to throw things that are on or near his 'spot' right across the dining room like it's encroaching on his 'patch'. Worth a try though, I want him to be comfy.

Steph and Douglas the Bun

I bought each pair of buns a nice piece of vetbed and a covered cat bed from Argos. The nethies love theirs, but here's what the lops thought of them :lol:

b4a499a3.jpg

Mine don't appreciate anything like that! They're so picky! They won't even lie on a towel! But if it was only £8 it's worth a try, let us know how you get on.

Back