• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

blondie

New Kit
Hi everyone my name is Jo ive just joined up today, I am going to become a proud new owner of a lop eared bunnie, not ready as yet due to her only been 3 weeks old, I can not wait, I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice on whether a male or female rabbit would be best, these bunnies are well handled by the breeder.

Thanks JO :p

Hi Welcome to the forum! :D
Either would be good im sure.. or one of each would be great (as long as you keep them separate until you can have them neutered/spayed) then they could be bonded and live together

Rabbits are very social animals, and I'm guessing you wont be with the rabbit 24/7. So I would get two, 1 male and 1 female, and keep them seperate until they can be spayed and neutered. Then they can be bonded and you will have two very happy bunnies!! :D

xxx

Welcome to the forum, I find its very helpful if there something you don't know about your bunnies someone here usually knows :D Hope you enjoy your time here :wink:

hello and welcome :wave:

i personally think either sex are ok. once they have been neutered, as non-neutered buns tend to do alot of spraying!!!!

males are much friendlier in my opinion.I have 2 french lop house bunnies,boy and girl.havent you had to reserve a bunny?

Hi I have taken your advice and decided after seeing them on Tuesday night to get two of them as they are so lovely, thanks to everyone who replied with good advice, the only challenge is sexing them now.

JO

Back