• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A food question...

dragonfly_girl

Warren Scout
I posted a few days ago about a tiny little bunny that has come to me as a foster.

She is now caled Miffy and is doing really well as far as I can tell!

My one concern is what she is eating. She has constant access to water, hay and dried good (Supa Excel for Dwarf buns mixed with a little bit of Gerty Guinea as this is what she was on before) and I give her a small bowl of veggies morning and night when I feed the guinea pigs. At the moment the only veg she'll eat is Spring Greens, Carrot and Kale - anything else I offer just gets ignored. She doesn't eat much dried food really but some is always gone when I come to refill her dish in the mornings. She eats a lot of hay though - more than anything else I think. Is this ok for her or does she need more veg/pellets as part of a healthy diet? She is only a baby so I want to give her the best start I can!

i think she sounds ok - although for small bunnies i think too much veg is bad for them. how old is she?

i have 2 rabbits that are on a hay/grass diet only and they are fine. one of the rabbits only ate guinea pig food at the rescue, which is no good for buns which is why he is on a hay/grass diet.

the more hay the better - it will keep her teeth in good condition as it will wear the teeth down.

i would prob wean her off the guniea pig food. have you tried fresh herbs, such as parsely or corriandar? none of my buns can resit them. even when they had been neutered and were recovering and not eating as soon as the fresh herbs went in, they were gone within 10mins :lol:

Back