• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is This OK? Re Feeding

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Uncle Albert is not able to eat dried pellets/hay at the moment due to his very sore mouth. He LOVES Critical Care mixed to a gooey pulp with Veggie Puree. Trouble is he needs permanent access to this BUT he shares a pen with Cerys. Cerys is not that keen on the 'Goo' but eats some. As she is a good hay eater and is at a healthy weight do you think it'll be OK to not give her any dried pellets until Bertie can eat them again. I am worried that she may eat the pellets then some of the Critical Care and wont bother with the hay. I dont want her to get a bad Tum with everything else that has been going on!!
Even if she wont eat the 'goo' Bertie has she will eat hay so that'll be OK for a few days wont it? I just feel a bit guilty making her go without :? :?
Janex

Could you take her out for a while and give her the pellets and then put her back with Bertie?I dont suppose it would do any harm though for a few days just on hay - she will appreciate the pellets more when she gets them! :wink:

Thanks guys. Cerys is being such a help to dear old Bertie.
I dont want her to get a poorly tum from not eating enough hay.
Janex

elve said:
I would feed her seperately, unless he really takes ages to eat his goo?
He has to have 'goo' available 24/7 at the mo' Elve :roll: :roll:
Thankfully so far Cerys has not been too keen on it. She has a lick of it, looks at me as if to say 'You are joking aren't you :? :roll: then goes off to munch some 'proper food' AKA Hay!! Meanwhile Bertie has scoffed 4 bowls full of goo today. But thats all the poor boy can eat :cry:
Janex

Back