• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Maisie's still growing like crazy...

maherwoman

Warren Scout
and she's three months old.

How old will Maisie be when she's full-grown? I may be insane, but I thought after three months, the growing would slow, but it seems to still be going as quickly as it was. She's getting BIG...and FAST!!

Can anyone tell me what the normal growth pattern, ages and genders included? My babe gets very noticably bigger everyday...it's crazy!!

Thanks, guys!! :D

If she is already 3 months and still growning like mad than she is probably a large breed or giant cross. I don't know much about breeds, but i do know that smaller breeds are usually done growing at around 3 months

Awwww you got a big one on your hands ;) :lol:
but saying that I got my mini lop at 3 months and she grew at least a foot over night lol ( but she was in a rather small cage at the pet shop :evil: )
And then shes steadily grown since then... I think she pretty much stopped a couple of months ago at 6 months :)
Good luck with Maisie :)

The funny thing is, she's already outgrown her mama by a few inches, and I'm wondering if she'll outgrow her daddy, too! Lol...

Her mama's about a foot in length, daddy about a foot and a half...Maisie's at about 14in right now, and grows and changes noticably everyday.

Maybe there are bigger genes in her genepool, and her parents were the smaller of their litter??

Gypsy is a lionhead and she stopped growing at around 6 or 7 months and then started to fill out until she was 8 or 9 months. my frenchie storm grew so big so fast for the first 5 months, now he's 7 months and I have a feeling he may get bigger! :shock: :D

Back