• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG could it be true!?!

Veronica

Mama Doe
I've tried bonding Sophie in with the family for 5 for a few weeks now...without much success :(
Whenever she is allowed physical contact, all madness breaks out!

Anyhow, with the new housing, I put them all in a pen yesterday together. All madness did break out (insane chasing and mounting etc)...as usual...but instead of seperating them, I decided to see what happens if I left them to it (obviously with me keeping a close eye on them).

I left them together in the same pen all day yesterday. There where quite a few mad chases, banging about etc...but by late afternoon, all seemed to have settled.

With the new housing arrived, completely neutral grounding, I put the 5 plus Sophie into the new housing. All were completely taken over with their new surroundings...and not with Sophie.
By very late last night, all were happily eating and sitting together without any signs of disapproving.

I decided as they'd spent all day together, I'd leave Sophie in over night with them.

I went out first thing this morning to find Sophie completely intregrated into the group.

I've been popping out throughout today, to keep checking, to find Sophie well and truely included into the group. Sleeping, grooming/being groomed and eating with the others.

Could be now be bonded? The signs are looking very very good indeed!
All is quite, chilled out and peaceful in the lop palace :D

Sophie and Juley...
1soph2.jpg

Sophie and George...
1soph1.jpg

aawwww wow thats great news!! 6 bunny group now.. good job your hutch is that much bigger eh :wink: :D :D

m

that is great news Veronica :D but does this mean you no longer want Pee Wee as I know he was meant for Sophie!

Back