• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New housing has arrived!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Yesterday evening..bang on time too!...Graham and his wife, from The Happy Hutch Company arrived yesterday in a HUGE wagon...containing my new housing for my family of 5 dwarf lops.

It took 4 of us to move if from the wagon to the rabbit shed. They (due to my truely awful measurements :oops: )....we came across a HUGE problem. The block was too big to fit through the double doors :shock: :oops:

We tried moving it in every direction and way possible...and considering it was so big and heavy, this was very exhausting!!

There was no way it was going to go in. One option was to cut away part of my summer house door. At this point, my mum was completely stressing out. Her face fell as soon as she saw the block...as admittedly, it was bigger than even I thought. To quote her, she said "I've gone mad" and "The rabbits are taking over" :oops:
There was no way we could cut away at the summer house. Sooo...the other option was to cut the top level of the block off.
We didn't have a jigsaw, so...I nipped off to B&Q to buy one.

When I got home, the block was in the shed, thanks to Graham and his wife, who managed to dismantle the top level causing no damage at all to the block..and then reattach it! Absolute miracle workers! :D

I cannot thank and praise Graham, his wife and The Happy Hutch Company for so many reasons. Firstly for building an absolutely beautiful, top quality, stunning animal house for my lops. It is an absolute palace.

Secondly, for being so understanding, kind, helpful and just brilliant in helping me try and get the block into the shed. It was my measurements mistake :oops: , but Graham did everything he possibly could to help me, and get it in the shed. They both must have been at my house for about an hour, even waiting whilst I went off to get the jigsaw. Absolutely brilliant people! Completely going out of their way to help. It was so much appreciated.

Thirdly, a huge thanks to Graham and his wife again, for trying to convince my (very shocked, slightly angry, and stunned :lol: ) mum that the hutch size was perfect for the lops. Yes it's big, but it's exactly what they need :D

All in all, absolutely superb people, a truely stunning and quality piece of animal housing, and delivered on spot on time.
I honestly cannot fault this company at all. It is where I will go from now on for all my animal housing. I have not found better :D

Some pics taken last night :D

Each level is so big, in length, depth and height, that I'd be able to sit inside!
a47fdaab.jpg

Showing Ellen (mum)....adult dwarf lop...
69535e0c.jpg

2e5d4be6.jpg

Picture1843254.jpg

Looks fantastic Veronica!! Hope you mum has calmed down now she has seen it in daylight :wink: The buns certainly seem to be enjoying it !! :D

Wow! That looks great! :D
Sounds like you had fun getting it in though! :shock: :lol: We had that problem when we got the shed for the frenchies but with a bit of brute force and a lot of sweat we managed it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Are the 3 tiers all linked together? It's great, I have seen these on their site but no idea how big they were. b-m

bunny-mad said:
Are the 3 tiers all linked together? It's great, I have seen these on their site but no idea how big they were. b-m

Yeah they are :D

This one was made to my specific measurements....

5ft wide, 2.5ft deep, and each level 2ft high.

I've got some more piccies I've taken today, which I'll upload later :D

it is wonderul, and looks top quality. :D the buns look really at home in it. just one small point, no curtains? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back