• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How can I help her ? :s

Hey guys,
I need a little help sorry :?
Anyways, Snowflake was spayed last week... and all waas fine and dandy exccept for me being the panicked one lol!
She chewed out her stitches at the end of the week ... and her belly is healing up perfectly... I couldnt ask for anything better!
but...
I have heard they sometimes do the injection in the rabbits ears ... if they have done then this makes total sense...
I figured they had put the injection in the ear because there was a little mark...
but she scratched her ear (outside) and made it a little sore... so I put some sudocream on which the vet said was ok for little sore patches- wasnt bleeding or anything....
but her vein in her seems to be a bit darker than the other ear.. and it's a little bruised where she had the injection...
I am figuring its like when we get stuck with jabs that sometimes we get bruises in that area.
Is there anything you think I can do to help her...
She seems ok otherwise... still not completley running around like a maniac but I think thats cos shes still recovering.
So yuh if there's anything you think I can do to help her.. cos to be honest I dont think it really warrants a vets visit.
Thankyou guys!

If the skin on her ear is not broken and she is not bothered by it I would just leave it alone. If you start putting creams etc on it it will draw her attention to it and she may scratch at it. Also, some bunnies have sensitive skin so putting un-necessary potions on it might create more of a problem. The vein in her ear should eventually return to its normal colour but it might always remain a bit dark. Not a problem unless she is thinking of becoming an 'Ear Model' :shock: :wink: :lol:
Janex

Thanks Jane - As always, can count on you for sound advice...
The ears hot and she doesnt seem completley her normal self... because of it being easter and if there is an infection... I have booked her into the vets tonight...
I would rather be safe than very sorry! :s why do buns have to do this !

Back