• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Caring for a blind bunny

hi all

ive got a blind bunny coming to me on saturday... ive never looked after a blind bunny before.

is there anything that i need to do differently? i know it will take her a while to settle in and for her to find her way around...

has anyone else got a blind bunny? is there anything i should know?

sam x

Aliandbuns said:
Sorry I can't help, but was just wondering how it became blind (or was it blind from birth)?

blind from birth ive been told

(app it took her 3 weeks to figure out she was blind - which i can understand)

i thought scampie was blind at first as he was always bumping into things, turns out his just blonde, like his mum :lol: :lol: :lol: (although im not blonde no more - its all grown out :( )

Aliandbuns said:
Aww - poor little thing. :(

Love that pic of Fudge in your sig btw. :)

aww thanks

here's some more of him (sorry - i love showing off my bunnie pictures - im so proud of my little darlings :D :lol: )

Fudgerunning.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

and with his 2 brothers (leo doesn't get on with scampie no more - so i had to seperate them)

sunbathingbuns22.jpg

When you clean him/her you need to make sure you replace things like bowls and bottle back in exactly the same place.

Otherwise the bun might have trouble drinking, eating ect

One other thing I can think of, off the top of my head is always make sure you speak to bun before trying to pick him/her up, stroking or putting hands in cage.

Good luck and pictures when he/she arrives

missblondebunny said:
aww thanks

here's some more of him (sorry - i love showing off my bunnie pictures - im so proud of my little darlings :D :lol: )

Love the bum pic and the 3 of them chilling out together. Looks like they're watching TV, err, but without the TV. :lol:

bum pics

those pics are pretty sweet! I can't help but notice the feet and bum are pretty clean too.. I was wondering if Oscars a normal baby rabbit (maybe 3 months or a little more) or a really dirty little git. He is always pooping (but I guess he is always eating too) and his feet and belly are often really dirty, yellowish from pee and sometimes with other things..

If you used photoshop to "clean up" the pics you can PM instead of publishing it for everybody :D I just hope that one day Oscar can jump around on my sofa without me feeling like im in his litter tray.

thats my fav picture.

its such a shame that they dont get on any more

one day i let them out together and leo went for scampie - there was fur flying every where, like some one had popped a feather pilow and thats it - i had to seperate them and they still dont like each other now!!!

i dont no what came over them

the blind bunny is coming tomorrow... im starting to get excited :lol:

Back