• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG, biggest bunny ever!

maple_syrup

Young Bun
I was just reading a magazine here in Australia and came across this article. Had to share it with you all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnyarticle.jpg

nooo way!!!

was it written on april 1st? :shock: i would find it believable if the rab's head wasn't so massive....

:lol: :lol: if it is real then woah :shock:

It is a real bunny i have seen it on TV it is ace.I would love one,but could you imagine if that bit you :shock: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it is real, it was in the UK papers about 6 weeks ago - it sparked a fad of having 'big bunnies' on tv, which sadly is probably going to result in a fad of people wanting a giant bunny :cry:

I think it's probably partly in the angle of the photo - contrary to the popular saying, the camera DOES lie! You can make most reasonable sized bunnies look absolutely ginormous by holding them in a certain way :wink:

:lol: :lol: thats true

i dont like the way theyve put at the top "rabbits are ideal childrens pets as they are relatively cheap and easy to look after"

:shock:

Good point - ok there's an errand for our Australian members - write to the mag and put them straight!

If he really was as big as he looks in that photo he would weigh way more than 7.7kg. That's about 1 stone 3lb, but on that photo he looks about 5 stone!

Maybe the bunny is normal and it's Tom Thumb holding him. :lol:

The redtops were not to be outdone and apparently there is a flemi or conti giant in a pet shop somwhere called Bunnyland. This one was in the Sun and the other in the Mirror or vice versa. I suspect these poor buns have a growth hormone disorder and will probably have a relatively short live with arthritis or cardiac problems. Normal giants dont usually live to 12 years as one of the articles asserted, but at least that might put people off.

A.

Look at all the 'things you may not know about rabbits'! :shock:
Should be "things you shouldn't know" more like it!

Karly said:
Look at all the 'things you may not know about rabbits'! :shock:
Should be "things you shouldn't know" more like it!

Strange - that man isn't holding that rabbit by the scruff of the neck. :wink: :roll:

They say its the size of a five year old child but then they say its 7.7 kilos. Five year old children are way bigger than that...aren't they? If it really does stand up to be a meter metre tall than wouldn't it be double the weight of an average breed? Plus a bit more because it looks overweight?

That purple section off to the side (things you should know about rabbits is horrible :evil: "Rabbits are idea children's pets" "they are cheap" "They can live outside in a hutch" SENDING THE WRONG INFORMATION :evil: :evil:

xxx

They are cheap and inexpensive to keep! - hmmmm not if your anyone on here they arent :lol: Not that they are generally either I dont think.
I saw this in the papers and on TV... I think it did spark a fad of wanting giant bunnies - Because my mum then wanted us to get one :lol:
I informed her that I wouldnt mind, but she would be paying...! told her they would cost a lot more than snowflake! and that put her off... not that she pays for Snowflake anyway! lol

WOW somehow that doesn't look real to me, but look at those big fluffy feet!!! :lol:
Now if my buns were that size I would take them to bed with me and cuddle upto them :) Least I wouldn't have to worry about squashing!

Wow, I remember seeing this in the paper a couple of months ago just before I caught Zoe in fact, I think it was on GMTV too...

I wouldn't like one of them running after me! Bet it chases the cats away LOL!

Back