• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what age can the kits eat veg

bbear690

New Kit
just wondering when its best to start giving kits veg, my bunnies are 5 weeks old and have started to eat mums food but i have been giving her vegtables when she is outside the hutch having a break from the kits,
Whats the best veg to start them off with and do i need to cook it etc?
any advice appriciated
thanks

hi there,

i'm not an expert but i've heard that from 12 weeks is best to give fresh vegetables, and introduce them very slowly and one at a time so you can judge from their poo if their stomach is handling it ok.

at 5 weeks they should only really be eating hay and their mums milk (i think)

also best not to cook them as this will remove a lot of natural nutrients, fresh veg is best, after 12 weeks of age :)

hope this helps!

When my Rex had babies I fed her as the same things I usually would and the babies would eat the spring greens and carrots without a problem from as soon as they began eating dry food.
I am sure someone with more experience will let you know soon

Louisa

loulouembers said:
When my Rex had babies I fed her as the same things I usually would and the babies would eat the spring greens and carrots without a problem from as soon as they began eating dry food.

Louisa

Ditto... thats what I did with mine too and it hasn't caused any problems at all.

loulouembers said:

Louisa

I totally agree, as long as they are brought up on it there is no reason not to feed veggies from a young age :thumb:

Back