• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thirsty Bunny......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
But Orlaith insists on tipping her water bowl over her head several times a day :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
She refuses to drink from a bottle :roll: :roll:
I try to use bricks around her water bowl to stop her being able to pick it up but some-how she still manages to do so.
Daft, often very wet Wabbit :roll: :lol: :lol:
Picture689.jpg

Janex

Daisy is the same. Within 5 seconds she's tipped her bowl over and pulled her bottle off... :lol:

Orlaith is lovely!

But Orlaith insists on tipping her water bowl over her head several times a day
She refuses to drink from a bottle
I try to use bricks around her water bowl to stop her being able to pick it up but some-how she still manages to do so.
Daft, often very wet Wabbit

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boy does that sound familiar :roll:

How about one of those autofilling bowls? If it was full up it would probably be too heavy for her to knock over. Then again, if she did manage it she's be wet on more than her head!
Does she have a mesh part to her enclosure? You could try one of those coop cups with the bolts for parrots?
She's gorgeous anyway, even if she is a bit cheeky :)

I KNOW THIS IS A BIT LIKE TEACHING A GRANDMOTHER TO SUCK EGGS BUT A CERAMIC BOWL WOULD BE BETTER. :wink: sorry caps lock on! :lol:
this is not only because of being too heavy to lift up but they also do not harbour germs like plastic can and also plastic , whilst fine for litter boxes etc. is not ideal for water containers as the chemicals in it can leach into the water :shock: thats just my opinion though :wink:
oooh i feel all awkward giving my opinion :oops:
ooh, and also..... if the big ceramic bowls you can buy for dogs are too expensive then top tip is to look for pyrex ovenware and trifle dishes etc in charity shops. thats what i do and they come lovely and clean in the dishwasher. :D x x x
she is a STUNNING bunny BTW . ive never had a rex.(yet! :lol: )lol

ELVIS said:
I KNOW THIS IS A BIT LIKE TEACHING A GRANDMOTHER TO SUCK EGGS BUT A CERAMIC BOWL WOULD BE BETTER. :wink: sorry caps lock on! :lol:
this is not only because of being too heavy to lift up but they also do not harbour germs like plastic can and also plastic , whilst fine for litter boxes etc. is not ideal for water containers as the chemicals in it can leach into the water :shock: thats just my opinion though :wink:
oooh i feel all awkward giving my opinion :oops:
ooh, and also..... if the big ceramic bowls you can buy for dogs are too expensive then top tip is to look for pyrex ovenware and trifle dishes etc in charity shops. thats what i do and they come lovely and clean in the dishwasher. :D x x x
she is a STUNNING bunny BTW . ive never had a rex.(yet! :lol: )lol

Trouble is she can pick the LARGE ceramic bowl up too :shock: :shock:
Bit worried she might knock herself out with it :roll: :roll:
She's not the brightest bunny in the burrow :wink: :lol:
Janex

Yeah my bun managed to push his ceramic bowl over t othe side of the cage against the wall an then get his nose under it. So now i don't use it and i get the metal ones the clip onto the sides but these are really easy t otip because the are slightyle off the floor he can get his nose under and lift it off its bracket ring thing, you know the rings that go around them with the hooks.

Back