• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weaning

olelopears

New Kit
Flop's little ones will be finding homes this coming weekend, What concerns me is that at night I still catch them nursing and I would have though they would have been off milk by now. They eat and drink TONS of normal rabbit food as well, and when they do nurse its only in the next box. Should I take out the nest box or just leave them go?

They should be almost weaned by now, but you will see them trying to nurse here and then. Just make sure they adjust to solid food too. And you should not give them to new homes until they are 8 weeks old so I suggest you wait 2 more weeks :D

xxx

personaly id recomend waiting until they are at least 8 weeks befor taking them away from mum. when i looked after my friends doe and her kits they were still trying to feed from her at 9 weeks of age.

Back