• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piggie Pyramid

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
rspcabigpigs.jpg

rspcaminipigs.jpg

These are just some of the 44 guinea pigs the RSPCA brought me. Some have now gone to Alice.

There are now only :wink: 28 of them.
16 went down to Alice yesterday - which is why I now have a little time to post about them. They have been here a week and half now, and I have been run off my feet :roll:

20 of them may be pregnant :shock:

The younger ones all have nasty skin too :cry:

The only ones anything like ready to rehome are a Mum and her two babies that are nearly three weeks old. They at least aren't pregnant and their skin is alright.

The amazing thing is I am managing quite well and the crisis has forced me to get a huge amount of sorting out done.

Piggies are nuts aren't they! At least they can go together in groups of sows unlike buns which obviously have to be bonded. Well done you for taking them on and coping! The noise that must greet you when they see/smell food!

raven_guest said:
Piggies are nuts aren't they! At least they can go together in groups of sows unlike buns which obviously have to be bonded. Well done you for taking them on and coping! The noise that must greet you when they see/smell food!

It was a very good thing that they were almost all female and could go into big groups especially as twice as many arrived as I was expecting :roll: It was also very lucky that I had just had two hutch run combos delivered that weren't yet in use. A group of 12 went into each 6ft by 4ft run. Now the largest group is 7, although that may go up again as babies start to arrive.

These piggies don't talk much except when they are arguing :? The only ones who wheek for their food are a couple of the littlest boys. No doubt they will all be doing it soon though :wink: Then I'll have to wear ear plugs :lol:

Back