• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

avocado

neeshkabeesh

Warren Scout
Can rabbits eat avocado? I have a ripe one in the fruit bowl, my rat is going to have some of it and I was wondering if my bunnies could too? Thanks :D

I know the skin and stone are poisonous so you have to make sure you don't feed the flesh immediately next to it either. The rest is fine for rats though - it's great for elderly rats struggling to keep on weight but shouldn't be fed too often to 'middle-age' rats, especially bucks or those does with a tendency to put weight on as it's quite fatty.

Its poisonous to budgies too, which I have as well and they won't be getting any! I know the skin is poisonous, I don't think I'll risk it with the rabbits though.

My rat has had it before, she could do with fattening up she was 3 years old last month so shes way over middle-aged! Shes had it before too so looks like shes getting it all :D

Thanks

when I had ratties they loved it! it was one of their all time favourite things to eat :D most of them lived to be 4 and 5! :shock: so it didn't do them any harm.
my old rabbit Bilbo used to nibble the bits of avocado that fell through the ratty cage bars :shock: it didn't do him any harm, but he didn't eat much.

Back