• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coffee - my foster bunny

racheyrabbit

Alpha Buck
Here are a couple of pictures of the bunny that is staying with me for a while.

Her name is Coffee and she is a large lop (well, I'm used to small dwarf lops and nethies, and she is certainly a chunky bunny in comparison!).

Here she is investigating her temporary home.....

P1010011.jpg

P1010010.jpg

SNAP! :lol: Opposite ear, and spookily, called biscuit :lol:
54194c45.jpg

She's adorable, are you SURE she's only staying with you for a while??

She has to only stay for a while. :( She is a big bunster - the vet weighed her in at 3.5kg this afternoon and she makes my Kahlo look petite - and the hutch we've got is by no means big enough for her permanently, let alone her and another bun.

The aim is to get Kahlo a boyfriend, and that can't be done until Coffee has been vaccinated, spayed and found a lovely new home (Its taken long enough for him to agree to one bonded pair, let alone any more!). So, at least when I have to give her up I will have a nice new boy bunster to look forward to :D

Well, if any of you take a particular shine to her then she's happy to consider you as potential new family....... She says she open to offers! :D

aww - I've just been reading about Archie and it's such a shame you haven't found a home for Coffee - has anyone been interested? I think it's really kind of you to help your friend out like this :)

Well, my baoy, Humpty, already has a girlfriend. But. . if I DID get anymore I would have any females spayed anyway from the health point of view and also I found my unspayed doe was VERY territorial!

Well, my friend was getting so stressed by them and was so busy with the pregnancy/work etc. that she wasn't getting very far with the rehoming by herself. She's paying for the vacs/spay and I'm just putting in the leg work. Its certainly reminded my why I don't have outdoor bunnies - cleaning her out in the rain the other day was horrid!

She is booked in for her spay next wednesday.... She doesn't seem to be particularly territorial with regards me going into her space (she has a habit of pushing all the contents of her hutch into one corner and I have to search for her foodbowl under the mound of straw/hay/woodshavings), but she does like marking her territory in the porch (the only space that her and kahlo both have limited access to).... :roll:

You're not too far away Spacegirl... come and visit her and fall in love.... :D :D :lol: :lol:

racheyrabbit said:
You're not too far away Spacegirl... come and visit her and fall in love.... :D :D :lol: :lol:

I have been browsing runs and hutches. . . for no particular reason! lol
On the other thread about her, someone else expressed an interest (for her daughter, I think?) - do you know if she is still llooking?

Back