• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

scratching

allyandtobey

Alpha Buck
just wondering if there are any other causes for itching... i've checked tobey again and again with a fine tooth comb (literally) and i've found nothing in his fur whatsoever... but he has been scratching around his head and neck area (not constantly or anything) a little more often than is normal.

he did have a bit of dermatitis under his chin a while ago, but that seems to have cleared up.. not sure if that has anything to do with it?

any ideas?

he's going for his myxi booster this month so i will ask then, but just wondered if there was any ideas on here too.

thanks!

Mites are probably a bit too small to catch with a comb. What does his skin look like? Does he have dandruff?

Most likely cause would be mites which clears up nicely with ivermectin (see vet).

Tam

i didn't mean i tried to catch them with a comb kind a thing.. i mean i examined with the help of a comb hehe :D that's why i'm confused, he has no dandruff, no dirtiness in his ears, no black specs, nothing at all.. but i will get the vet to check him over. thanks :D

his skin just looks pink!

deborah yes he does have that bouffant still :lol: some of it has thinned out as he's got older but he has this one very long bit on top of his head that always sticks up, it's really cute, and his cheeks are still very fluffy :D

Back