• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello....:)

Janna Galaxy

Young Bun
Hi,

I'm Janine from Teesside, UK.

I've just got my first house rabbit.....2 days ago.

I've named her Atlantis after one of my favourite TV shows.

I've had rabbits in the past when I was younger, and I got Atlantis because I was lonely.

At the moment she's nervous and doesn't want to leave her cage, which is difficult for me as I've got to vaccum the floor and she's scared of the noise of the vaccum cleaner.

She backs up when I stroke her. I sratch her nose but she likes to eat carrot out of my hand....but won't touch the rabbit treats.

I hope that she soon will be able to trust me. But when she is on her own she relaxes or plays with the cardboard box house I made her. She woke me up with the yesterday!

I hope she'll trust me soon. If there is anything else I could do to get her to trust me I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Janine / aka Janna Galaxy

Hiya!

Awww, if you take your time with your bun im sure she will come round and learn to trust you!

Have a look through some old posts (by using the search function) and you will get some really useful tips!

Welcome to RU :D

Welcome to Rabbits United!
As Laura (loppylops) said, give your bunny some time and I'm sure she'll come round and start to trust you. There's nothing abnormal with her being a bit scared about moving to a new home. Give her time and see how things work out.

Jennifer and Binky.xxx

:wave: Hello

Try sitting near her but reading a book. Rabbits are pretty nosey creatures and after a while her inquisitiveness will get the better of her and she'll approach you for a sniff. When she does, don't stroke her at first, let her get used to you. Then when she's a bit more confident offer your hand out to her and let her sniff your hand. Eventually she should let you stroke her without running off. :lol:

If she is eating food out of your hand that's a good sign that she is starting to trust you. :)

:wave:Hello and welcome.I am sure Atlantis will learn to trust and love you in time.My bunnies were the same when i got them :D

Thanks for the greetings! :)

I'm sure Atlantis will get used to me. I thought that as soon as I open the cage door she'd hop out. But she just poke her head out and looked around then went back in.

I hope she'll come out soon. So, I can move her to a safe place when I'm vaccuming the living room and so I can put her in a pet carrier so she can get her vaccines at the vets.

Well this is my little bunny Atlantis, she's 7 months old.

HPIM0695.jpg

That's my little baby. :)

Thanks again,
Janine

Hi and welcome to the forum - Atlantis is a lovely bun and Im sure she will become less timid with time and patience :D

Back