• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit ate my peace lilly

jay

Mama Doe
Jacks stole a leaf from my peace lilly and I caught him with the remains in his mouth - will it make him ill?

It could kill a cat so better ring the vets and checks as lillies are LETHAL for cats and cat owners shouldn't have them, ,leaves, flowers and all.

Just checked a few sites, on the poisonous list. I used to have lots of plants and now mainly fake as so scared of danger to my buns and cats. Lillies are bad news.

That's quite a long list - very informative. :) Are there any flowers that bunnies particularly like that are good for them? I'm half-thinking of growing some for my bunnies if so, as they are desperate to munch on my daffodils (even though I know they can't). I do wonder sometimes how rabbits survive in the wild! :D

Edit: so sorry to hijack this thread. I don't really have any advice to offer and really hope your bun is OK. :)

Hiya I suggest phoning your emergency vet for advice, he / she may be able to give your bunny something to protect the stomach .

Your bunny may appear well, but could become very poorly quite suddenly, so best to act now rather than wait .
So sorry not to be able to give more positive news, but your vet should be able to help/ reassure you.
Good luck and please let us know what happens.
Thinking of you
Adele

hope he's going to be OK - very poisonous so get to a vets, and let us know how he is please!

Oh dear. As everyone else said, best to contact a vet right away. Hope everything will be okay. Please let us know how Jack is as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't take him to the vets as I found most of the peace lilly leaf scrunched up behind the sofa with only a little nibble mark in it. I kept an eye on him and apart from a runny poo (in my slipper :roll: - why oh why?) on saturday morning he is fine.

I have removed the peace lilly to a bunny free area upstairs. I didn't even know he could get onto the window sill where the peace lilly was kept ...just shows no matter how out of the way something is bunnies are very clever at getting themselves to where they want to be.

Back