• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can buns eat dandelions?

BubbleBee

Warren Scout
We have some growing in our front yard, and its getting harder to find a spot of grass without any dandelions in it, so I just wanted to make sure that its okay for them to eat them. Thanks again!

So long as they have not been growing near a road where they will be polluted with exhaust fumes its fine. We used to give them to ours all the time - live in the city now so not many around!

They are fine :)
But they are a natural diuretic so don't be surprised if the buns pee a bit more if they eat alot, a great tonic though.

just try and stop them! :shock: :lol:

As with any new veg though, just give a tiny piece at first, every other day, over the course of a fortnight, so their tums have time to get used to digesting it. Mine pee like mad after dandelions :roll:

They are a great way to temp the appetite of a sick bunny though - totally irresistable :)

My bunny loves dandelions! Absolutely crazy about them which is strange because it's so hard to please him! :lol:

Rudy just loves dandelions!! and Mindy well shes eating anything green she can get her paws on :lol:

Back