• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy & Willows hutches & run

Rex Rabbity

Warren Scout
Here are a couple of pics of their home. The hutches in the shed are linked to the outside run via a catflap. It's locked at night. The lower top corner of the run (u can't see it in the pics) has a felt roof for shade in the summer. I will extend it later to cover half the run. I recently made a wood tunnel for them to crawl though. It needs weather proofing. There are a couple of small toys + willow ball (out of view). They are not really into toys! I plan to make something interesting in the run for them with ladders and a hideaway this summer. I am possibly thinking of making the near half of the run higher too so I can build something with multi-levels. Any ideas?

shed3.jpg

shed1.jpg

shed2.jpg

Looks fab as it is, but it's quite addictive once you start building just to keep on going isn't it? :lol:

How are your bunnies getting on with their timothy hay btw? I got a sample sent to me by bunnybasics and they went a bit mad for it at first and then suddenly just stopped eating it - I had to throw most of it away. So now I'm not sure what to do. :? Perhaps I'll try them on Haybix next...

They both LOVE the Timothy hay. I will keep them on it as long as I can afford it. The quality and smell of it is AMAZING compared to the cheap meadow hay I was buying before. They scoffed the sample and the 450g bag I bought, so I ordered a 22kg bulk pack from SPH supplies. It's the only way I can just about afford it. Here is a pic of the pack.

hay.jpg

That looks great! Mine aren't too keen on toys either. Give them a hutch to sit ON :shock: and a box of hay to play in!

Yes, I was amazed at the size too. I was thinking that I would have problems storing it before I saw the package it came in. It is very compressed.

and pics of your lovely shed have got me thinking i may just have to invest then i can have more bunnies and may be a place to spend the odd hour in meditation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back