• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urget need help! my company's started stocking fur!

maxxev

Mama Doe
the garden centre i work at recantly started stocking cat toys made of genuine fur.
When I questioned the manager about his decision to purchase and sell such items he firstly claimed that he “didn’t know they were made of real fur” (he previously worked as the area manager of well known pet store 'Pets at home', for over ten years, which used to stock the VERY SAME products but later stopped due to ‘objections from the public’), he then stated than he “was not encouraging potential customers to purchase the items and by stocking said items was in no way encouraging or promoting the fur trade.” erm....so you just got them because you thought they WOULDN'T sell?!

The previous manager of our favorite pet store who claims that he still up holds the motto 'where pets are family' (though presumably the ones exported to be skinned alive and made into kitty toys are exepmt from this...) when informed that by purchasing the items he WAS in fact supporting the fur trade, pointed at his face and replyed 'look at my face...does it look like i care?' befor walking off.

if, like me, you feel disgusted that 'Shoots' (Shoots Wahington Ltd, London road (A24), Washington, West sussex, RH20 3BP) would intentionaly and activly support this horrific trade with no apparent concern for the welfare of the animals involved please contact this company (addressing you emails or letters to Jamie Malcolm or Piers Mummery ) expressing your concerns

(email: Washington@shootsuk.com)

incidently the cat toys in question are made by HAGEN (www.hagen.com)
Rolf.C.Hagen (u.k) ltd, Castleford, west yorkshire,WF10 5QH

Interestingly enough, I think Hagen are the people who make (or maybe import) the pet voyagers. Not good really. I have e mailed the garden centre.xx

how horrific and what a disgusting attiude to take by the manager. I for one would like to complain about him and that attiude he takes to his staff. However i will be supporting you and emailing the company concerned. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. On these occasions it is imperiative that we all stick together. Together we have a much louder voice.

alpha xxx

Back