• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what to do next??

colliewoman

Mama Doe
hi all! i took the plunge today to put birch with aspen and babies as they have been trying to groom and snuggle through the bars for ages now. it has been 7 weeks since he was neutered. i didnt use a neutral area as they were showing no signs of aggression through the bars, so i went for it. at about 11 this morning put the other 3 outside in their runs and left aspen and birches doors open in the bunny house. there was a bit of mounting on and off through the day but mostly them sitting next to each other watching the little ones bounce around, so i think it is fair to say we have success! hurrah!
however in all my wisdom i neglected to realise that i have no cage or crate to house them all in overnight! should i split them up or just let them carry on having the run of the bunny house? i will have to bring the others in soon and put them back into their crates. they are all used to the others taking their turn at haveing the run of the out house so i'm hoping it wont cause too much trouble. what do you guys think?
they look so sweet, i really dont want to split them up but will do if running around with the others in their crates is likely to cause a problem :roll:

are all your crates on the floor donna?
if the other buns were out of eye-level then they would prob be ok left to run around till you got a bigger house sorted. but on saying that, the buns have all shared the same house for yonks now with access out whilst others are caged so they should be fair used to the others being there but not reachable. but could babies climb into other cages? how old are they now? (pics?! :wink: )

no the crates arent raised any more after having a daymare that they might slip and crush a bun :shock: :shock:
the babes are quite big now, 7 weeks old and cant (i hope) squeeze into anyone elses house.
i ended up having to put the others back in as the temp suddenly plunged and they all look very settled. i will wait a few more hours before deciding on what to do overnight.
i promise to post piccies soon, i have to get more batteries 1st!
they have snuggled up on top of the new bale of hay i have just got :roll:
this weekend i hope to bond medlar and larch, if that all goes to plan i can join 3 of my 4 foot crates together by taking out the ends and doing some reinforcing. then the family can have a 12 foot crate and i will only have 2 lots to rotate free time for in the bunny house!
still waiting for my friend to come and finish the outdoor hutches, who knows they may finally be finished before the nice warm weather :roll:

Back