• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What veggies do your buns like best, and how?

maherwoman

Warren Scout
By how, I mean...how do they like to eat them? As in, tops versus carrot...broccoli leaves vs. stem, etc.

So far, Maisie's favorites (in order) are as follows:

Leafy lettuce (one was called "leaf lettuce" the other was Romaine)
Carrot Tops
Actual carrot
broccoli leaves
broccoli stem
alfalfa (but the next day...dried...not fresh)

Haven't really tried anything else...YET. :)

I just want to see what's popular among other buns out there, so I know from the vast list what to try first.

Thanks, guys!!

PARSLEY!! thats Jazz's Fave every saturday i go to the market and buy him a bag :lol: he goes NUTS :lol: :lol: he eats the stem bit first and likes to throw it around a bit :lol:

ok carrot tops I think are number one on Snowflakes list
corriander, parsley, brocolli, cauliflower, and celery
and fruits ... apple, pear bananas and grapes... although she doesnt get those 2 often....
Talking of all this food,, I need to go syringe feed her some apple and pear baby food :)

Flint loves spinach, Rosie, Alfie & Polly like broccoli & carrots, Cracker isn't that interested in veg - but likes crackers (I am so imaginative!), Smirnoff likes cabbage, Spice likes cherry tomatoes, Chocolate likes lettuce & human flesh, Sugar likes cucumber, & Joey & Alex Dream Bun like FOOD. (Joey has a preference of toast, but the vet told me off for feeding it!)

They all go mad for apple, & Flint likes bananas & apple juice (he was ill, ok!!!)

Ruby loves carrot, followed closely by spring greens and cauliflower
Bobby loves Brocoli, sprouts and cauliflower
Salt and Pepper love their brocoli, rocket and carrot
Squidgy will eat anything you give to him!

They also have herbs, carrot tops, dandelions, think that's it. Maybe I need to try them with different things.....

Ruby's favourite is carrots while Millie's is Broccoli heads. Then it probably goes:
spring greens
Cabbage
Broccoli stems
carrot tops

smudge is CARROT MAD! he'll take your hand off !
but generally.........
1. parsley
2. dandelions
3.cabbage/greens
4.apple
5. picked grass
6. carrot tops
7. carrots
8.banana
9.flowers!(does that count?)
10.they LOVE dried grass

Favorites in my house are cilantro, Italian parsley, endive, and escarole. If I don't feed them often, they like kale, collard greens, and broccoli leaves, but they get sick of those if they're fed them too much.

bunny_burrows said:
Ruby's favourite is carrots while Millie's is Broccoli heads. Then it probably goes:
spring greens
Cabbage
Broccoli stems
carrot tops

Oh you can give them the broccoli TOPS??

Santa goes for the carrots first, Dudley goes for spring greens. The lops will eat whatever comes their way :lol: :lol:

maherwoman said:
bunny_burrows said:
spring greens
Cabbage
Broccoli stems
carrot tops

Oh you can give them the broccoli TOPS??
Yeah, you can give them the top 'branchy tree bit' as I call it. :lol: That's my buns favourite bit. :D

Hi

my 4 all like
parsley
carrots
brocolli
kale
pak choy
dandelion leaves
raspberry leaves
apple
dried fruit
spring greens

but parsley is the big favourite with them all!

Parsley
Parsely
Coriander
Kale
Apple
Parsley
Brussel Sprouts
Brocolli
Cauliflower
Baby Cobs
And just for good measure, Parsley!

When people say carrot tops, do they mean all the green leafy bits or just the actual little orange top? I guess I'm holding myself out to look foolish but I wasn't sure!

This is Binky's little list:

Parsley
Carrots (skin must be peeled off :roll: )
Cabbage
Brussels Sprouts

And then there's some fruit that he likes as well. :)

When people say carrot tops, do they mean all the green leafy bits or just the actual little orange top?
Yes carrot top=all the green leafy bits, whenever I get carrots with the tops on, they always go for the top first. They find them particularly yummy, and if you can find a friendly local greengrocer, they often have loads of them waiting to be thrown away :wink:

Back