• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colchester Zoo

sgprescue

Mama Doe
I took the day off work today to take my mum to the zoo. Managed to get lots of good pics

DSCN2537Correction.jpg

DSCN2535Correction.jpg

DSCN2532Correction.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg

DSCN2528Correction.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2524Correction.jpg

DSCN2520.jpg

DSCN2493.jpg

DSCN2487.jpg

DSCN2480.jpg

DSCN2472.jpg

And my favourite, the meerkats :D
DSCN2507Correction.jpg

DSCN2505.jpg

DSCN2503Correction.jpg

DSCN2499Correction.jpg

DSCN2498.jpg

DSCN2497Correction.jpg

DSCN2495.jpg

wow looks like you had a great time! Ive never been to Colchester Zoo.. Kessingland was good last time we went tho..they have changed it all with a big open plain full of african animals.
I love the meerkats too!! :D :D

Diddeen said:
wow looks like you had a great time! Ive never been to Colchester Zoo.. Kessingland was good last time we went tho..they have changed it all with a big open plain full of african animals.
I love the meerkats too!! :D :D

Colchester is brilliant, they are always updating enclosures making them bigger and better and really seem to care about the welfare of the animals, unlike a lot of zoos I have been to :D

oh my i love that place, we had a scary/funny time last time we went, the lion toke a disliken to my son and another child who was in a electric wheelchair (my son was in a manual) boy are we glad th eglass was think as this lion was roaring cms away from my son right in his face from behind the glass, i lost the photo wen my comp crash :cry:

hope you had a lovely day there cheryl especially after this morning! :cry:

bunnylove said:
oh my i love that place, we had a scary/funny time last time we went, the lion toke a disliken to my son and another child who was in a electric wheelchair (my son was in a manual) boy are we glad th eglass was think as this lion was roaring cms away from my son right in his face from behind the glass, i lost the photo wen my comp crash :cry:

Thanks eve, I did have a good time. I had a bit of a headache after all the worry this morning but going there really seemed to take my mind off things. They even had a couple of bunnies there this time and they had a big enclosure all to themselves with lots and lots of hay to eat ;)

Every time I go to the zoo all the animals are asleep! So I'm very jealous! Though last time we went they had baby bunnies in the farm part and my bf was not amused as I was more interested in them than the 'proper' zoo animals!

sgprescue said:
bunnylove said:

Thanks eve, I did have a good time. I had a bit of a headache after all the worry this morning but going there really seemed to take my mind off things. They even had a couple of bunnies there this time and they had a big enclosure all to themselves with lots and lots of hay to eat ;)

oh may turn the phones off and take a trip then :D

I went there on my Birhday in the summer with my whole family. It was brilliant. I got some smashimg photos of a beautiful white bengal tiger they have there.

Back