• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

call from newspapers

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
Today i had a call from a london newspaper :shock: asking if i had had more rescue rabbits this year. They were thinking of doing an artical on it. Of course i was pleased to talk to them :D as like greenfields i have been inundated with babys this year thanks to pets at home. Ive passed them on to Tamsin, who can pass them to many other rescues that are having an increase in rabbits coming in. The paper said they may be back in touch so fingers cross we may get some publisity on all the rabbits coming in for lots of reasons but hopefully showing up pets at home for there inability to run a pet shop well. val :lol:

Publicity is always good. It raises awareness amongst people in general, people who might not find out the facts about unwanted bunny numbers etc any other way.

Rabswood

ARC certainly have taken in far more babies than they have had before, I think we have now taken in more rabbits in the first 3 months of this year than they did the first 6 months last year :cry:

Yes Caroline @ rabbit residence has said the same - she is usually mostly full of older bunnies but at the moment the rescue is about half full or more of accidental litters, and her 40 max has suddenly turned into 60!

Free publicity is great! You might want to ask that they only give a phone number for your contact, though. That way people have to call you to ask about rehoming their buns. I know a lady who's rabbit rescue was featured in a vet's newsletter and unknown to her they printed her address. She woke up to bunnies dumped in her yard! :shock:

Apparently there were people who didn't realize that there were rabbit rescues, and couldn't wait to dump their buns! :evil:

taylor v 109 said:
Today i had a call from a london newspaper :shock: asking if i had had more i have been inundated with babys this year thanks to pets at home.

It's great that there'll be some publicity.
I was feeding the bunnies this morning when we had a parcel delivered, and the delivery man said that they'd got two bunnies and ended up with 10, as he thought he'd been sold 2 girls :evil: It sounded like he'd rehomed most of them responsibly, and kept a couple, but that's really not the point.
let us know what happens.

Thanks for the advise about address, yesterday i found that out. I was lucky no rabbits dumped but family just turned up to look for a rabbit to adopt :lol: . Im going to be more carefull. Will let you know if they get back to me. val

Back