• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

She's alive, she's made it!!

I said I would update.....
but will update again in a few days to let you know how shes really doing...
Snowflake went in to the vets this morning to be spayed... I left the staff a list of instructions to do and not to do with her lol!
A bag of her favourite foods... towels and fleece and her favourite soft toy. Left the surgery and bawled my eyes out, but I have just phoned them up and shes come through the op perfectly... I will go and collect her in about an hour...
And she will come home to a snug warm bedroom where I am going to let her sleep the night away. and probably get up numerous times in the night to check shes ok..... which is pretty easy seeing as she is at the end of my bed lol!
Anyways I thought I would let you know all.
Thanks for all the vibes :)

aaaaawwwwww :D :D I am so pleased to hear your beautiful Snowflake bunny has come home to you safe and sound :D :D
Please give her a nose rub from me, and hugs for you
bet you are one relieved bunny mummy :D
Best wishes
Adele

aww I hope she's going to get well soon - it's very quiet when they're at the vets isn't it? Maa was only gone a few hours but it was so strange without her in my bedroom!

Best of all you've had the op on Monday, so if she needs painkillers topping up, or chews her stitches (perish the thought), you won't have a problem getting her to the vets on Wednesday (pain relief should last her all of tomorrow).

Make sure the heating's on all night, as it's going to be a cold one again :roll: But don't worry if she doesn't eat or drink this evening - her anaesthetic probably won't wear off till about 2am - I'd get up and try and persuade her to take something then maybe? Sometimes if you bat them over the nose with a bit of grass (assuming she's used to eating grass) they grab it and eat it - If she doesn't want to move you can hold the water bottle spout to her mouth, or try water in a dish. If she's used to veg, make sure you have some in as they usually take to that quicker than they do pellets or hay at first :)

Back