• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass or Pavement?

Sarah_Jane

Alpha Buck
Hello,
I have always had my run out on the grass with straw and hay in, but we have to keep moving it about as it's starting to ruin our grass. We have put it on the pavement now with lots of straw and hay in!

Just wondering if this is a good idea, or are they better on the grass?

Thanks x

I suppose it's down to personal preference, some people put their bunny run's on concrete with hay and straw in it and others put their bunnies on the grass, my rabbit's run goes on the grass although she hardly eats it!

Mine our on the patio, not only because the grass and it getting muddy in the rain, but it keeps nails trim and nothing can dig in our out.

They have free time outside of the hutch/run so they can graze on the grass!

Mine now has the run of the whole garden after completley bunny proofing it.... although shes never actually used her run.... she still prefers to run around on the concrete patio more than the grass... its personal preference.. an concrete does keep their nails down :)

Our 3 were up until recently only on Conrete, with the occasional weekend run of the whole garden. But we are currently building a perm run to the shed which has a concrete base as well, It does not seem to bother them

Our grass slopes at about 45 degrees so mine are on the pavement. Keeps their claws trim and not danger of digging out. The back 2' of their run is covered and they have straw/hay under there, not all over though it would get too soggy in the rain.

Tam

I've got mine on the patio, then they go out in a separate run on the grass when I'm around to check they aren't burrowing. They seem to be happy on the patio with plenty of hay. They also have a tarpaulin over the top at the moment to keep off the rain, so they get to stay out all day if they want, rather than being all cooped up in their hutch.

I have grass and a sidewalk as pavement in the back yard. In the end, when my rabbit walk out to the backyard, she'll run down along the pavement. However, 99% of the time, she choose her leg to hop on grass. So I would say she like the grass. Same deal w/ my past rabbits

Mine are on concrete so they can't dig out and nothing can dig in. I don't put down straw or anything though as it always becomes horrible and wet so not very nice for the buns to hop around on. I get them out on the grass for acouple of hours a day though. :D

Hi there, mine will be on concrete but I've planted up 10 boxes with grass so I can rotate the boxes as they need them. Was planning on having 4 or 5 in at a time...

Back