• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coconut

petkeeper

New Kit
Hi all I have a question and I don't know if you know the answer but I will throw it out there anyway!!

A friend of mine read that coconuts make great dog toys, because they are all natural and hard to distroy. Well can rabbits chew on coconuts? I thought this would make a good chew toy if they could.

Is there any health risk involved? I would of couse wash it first. I know they make coconut houses for guinea pigs and smaller rodents...but is it okay just to stick a coconut in there?

Thanks in advance.

Shannon

I would say probably not - if for no other reason than the hairy bits are quite 'stringy' and if chewed could potentially clog up a bunny's gut :shock: It's the same reason that celery should be chopped across it before feeding, so I don't see why it should be any different for coconut.

Other than that, not sure if there's any other reason why it would be good/bad :?

Back