• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cute rescued bunnies photos

tonyfoster

Young Bun
This isn't directly rescue related, but I thought I would share some cute photos of some newly acquired buns as desribed on our "reintroduction"
(read that as, failure to maintain details of present account and technical inability to retrieve the details as a result of NTL or forum problems!)

What I was also thinking was that if there was any interest in speaking to the Rugby rescue that *may* have space in a few weeks to home them, it may give fair notice.
Or at least, most of them - seeing as we are growing attached to at least one of them, especially Fizz :eek:

We have had the rabbits "signed over to us" in a letter so we are now the legal carers, and there is no possibility of comeback from the person who we rescued them from.

Please do NOT ask us to provide the rabbits directly, we won't accept any requests whatsoever no matter how loving the person is. For all we know it could be a shop, breeders or reptile owner.
The rabbits are being taken to an approved rescue home to be neutered and prepared for rehoming, which will be supervised by the rescue entirely for the qualification of a worthy home.
I am only putting the details on here, for interest only !!!

If I speak to them I might be able to provide the details of the rescue on the forum if anyone is very interested. Sorry to be a stickler, but we aren't looking to rehome directly otherwise we would have posted on the "rescue" forum.

I think the photos of photos I took works now ...
The album is here
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h29/tonyfosterit/

Here is a few samples
mother5.jpg

sistertomother4.jpg

maleoffsrping1.jpg

Bless, all too cute to want to give away !!!

I have asked Vicki to detail me some information about the rabbits in more detail, so she provided the following.

"Fizz"

Un-neutered male lop aged 21 months old. He has not been vaccinated. His coat is a bit fluffy especially round his head. Its mainly cream in colour with dark brown ears, front paws and nose. He is can be nervous at times due to not being used to be handled, but is very good-natured despite what he’s been through. He does come to the front of his cage for a nose rub when you feed him. At present he has a slight bald patch on his back due to a case of mites, which he may have had for some time but was left untreated (we are treating this and it seems to be responding well). Have been told that he has had overgrown teeth in the past but not sure to what extent and probably clipped with pliers by the ex-partner of the previous owner, just like the other two! However no obvious front teeth problems we could see. He has started being fed lots of hay, “Chudleys Rabbit Royale” along with carrot, fresh greens, apple and grass, dandelions. Not known what he was fed previously as previous owner changed it from week to week depending what was available in the supermarket.

"Stitch"

Un-spayed female lop approx age 3 to 4 years and is the mother of Fizz. She has also not been vaccinated. Mainly smooth coated but again fluffy round her neck and is brown/pale grey in colour. She is a bit on the quiet side, but soon livens up when she running around in the run outside. Have been advised that she may have some dental problems and in one incident the ex-partner of her previous owner clipped her teeth with a pair of pliers! Again teeth checked, don't look bad considering, eating well. Also not used to being handled and is can be a bit nervous. Have been told that she can be a bit bad tempered, but have seen no sign of this while we fostered her. She is being fed lots of hay, “Chudleys Rabbit Royale” along with carrot, fresh greens, apple and grass. Not known what she was fed previously as previous owner changed it from week to week depending what was available in the supermarket.

"Lilo"

Un-spayed female lop approx age 3 to 4 years and is the sister of Stitch. They do not get along with each other and have been kept separated. She has also not been vaccinated. Mainly smooth coated and is dark grey/white in colour. Have been advised that she may have some dental problems and in one incident the ex-partner of her previous owner clipped her teeth with a pair of pliers! Also not used to being handled and is a bit nervous at the moment. She loves being able to run around in the run outside. Have been told that she can be a bit bad tempered, but have seen no sign of this while we fostered her. She is being fed lots of hay, “Chudleys Rabbit Royale” along with carrot, fresh greens, apple and grass etc. Not known what she was fed previously as previous owner changed it from week to week depending what was available in the supermarket.

Yes and lovely temparement all, except they don't like being taken out their freedom of runs back to the enclosure of their limited cages!!! I have had attempts by the one female to bite me when trying it :lol:

Its such a shame. We will find it very difficult to part with them, but we also understand that we might not have the resources to adequately care for 5 animals - well that making a total of 6 animals in the equation with our daisy cat as well.
Plus the long term issues of keeping them seperate until the neutering takes effect, plus will they get on etc. The money side, getting decent cages etc is not a problem.

We are going to think long and hard, but the welfare and worthwhile homes for these animals takes a precedence. We have house bunnies because we are able to afford the most attention to them - I worry that we wouldn't be giving a garden bunny the same, but we will think on it as I am not against the idea of keeping at least one.

They are all family buns so I think their best interest is to rehome the females where possible anyway, we were talking about keeping Fizz as an outside bunny and eventually finding him a bond like we did with Fuzzy, his brother (rescued from same litter but a good while ago, when the person made the mistake of letting them breed).

As we understand it they have been seperated for a good while, they have individual cages, so should be little chance of any pregnancy in the females.

Are they going to Tracy at Rugby by any chance?

They're all gorgeous :love: Especially the Harlequin :love:

Yes, thats correct. We are on a list so should hopefully be a few weeks, although we are going to give the best possible care until this time so its not really a problem having to wait. Like having furry guests really.

The only problem is the sniffs and funny looks I get from our regular house guests - fuzzy in particular makes a bit point of sniffing all over my trousers, jumpers etc and has even rubbed his scents over. Trying hard not to get anyone jealous as we spend quite a bit of time on the other buns !!!

I am sure they will all find good homes once they reach the rescue. Well done for taking them on in the short term.

Rabswood :)

We have almost decided on keeping the male - hes very affectionate and I don't know if we could bear parting now.

So thats down to 2 bunnies to rehome then :)

We have a predicament now with the current 2. I am not sure how we deal with our bonded pair. We were going to decide on keeping him then strengthen up until clear its ok for neutering. Then give it some time seperated and see if it might be possible to have an indoor match of 3.

The 2 bunnies would be brothers if that makes sense. Does that make it any easier ? Fuzzy seems to be the dominant guy in the house! I think this little guy seems quite passive so I guess its clear who would rule the roost. However I dont want to risk any upset so I would even consider keeping him (indoors over the cold winters etc and to make it conveniant for us clearing out) and use any pens or seperators to give him roaming room without the others picking on him.

(I forgot to mention - our bonded pair have the "run of the house". I can't see any way this would change so we would have to portion some of the spare room for him so at least he had his room, but with seperators we could see if after neutering it was possible for them to get on maybe...)

Does this make any sense? I've been told we can but try it. We love the other bunnies too, but we have to be realistic over what we can and cant take on....this guy is real cute and very loving, always coming to greet you and likes the attention and being stroked.

Back