• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food greens - answer soon if you can please thanks :)

Ok I think I have heard some people feed their rabbits greens are they allowed them or is it my imagination.. I havee just bought some and want to try my baby girl on some!?
But I may wait until after her girly op tomorrow, just incase greens dont agree with her...
Any advice :) thanks :)

Yup, Id definately wait until she is settled after her op!

EDIT: and yes they can have them! :lol:

Yes they are. You need to add veggies slowly to avoid upsetting their tums. Also, some rabbits will be more sensitive to certain veggies or veggies in general. I don't know how old your rabbit is, but babies are more sensitive, too.

I base my rabbit's diet around the HRS guidelines. I tweak it for each bun. There's also lists of safe and dangerous foods here.
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html

Yep my babies have greens. They love them and they aren't expensive which is great, they would be eating curly kale everyday if I could afford it!

Back