• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch question....

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
I need a hutch large enough to house six buns, preferably a double hutch, how big's it need to be?

Can I get six buns in a six foot double hutch?

Anyone recommend a decent hutch supplier/builder?

What about a playhouse/shed?
6 Buns does seem a lot to go into even a 6ft double hutch :? :?
I am not really the best to pass an opinion though as none of my Buns live in hutches.
Maybe if they are small bunnies and there will be a large run attatched to the hutch the 6ft double will be OK :? :?
Hopefully a better informed person will be along later.
Janex

Yes, a shed sounds like a much better option. They need to be able to play without tripping over each other. Maybe you could attach a run to the shed too, or add shelves so they can go up? I like to give my buns the option to get away from each other if they want to.

gem b@q where doing the 7x5 sheds for 120 you can see mine if your still comming on monday there is a place near here who will make them for you as to how you want ill look up the phone mumber for you

A shed also ends up to be alot less expensive than a 6 foot double hutch. Well from what I've heard anyway from other that live in the uk.

I haven't got the space to put a shed unfortunately, 'cos thats what I wanted originally

If I get a shed, they'll have no run space :(

ok gem ill take a walk tomorow and ge a price and phone number for the place i know so just to get this right 6foot duble hutch es is this right

It looks like I've almost sorted the problem! :lol: :lol:

We're going to attempt to turn the shed round, then praying I can fit all the feed bins in, I'm going to move the big seven in :shock:

Thats a good idea actually :lol: :lol:

Carrot cake, carrot juice, spring greens..... the list goes on :lol: :lol:

where are they living at the moment? My 5x8 shed was a squeeze for 5 buns - accidents are more likely to happen when they charge around madly - Now there's 4 in there (Maa's seperate since she lost her eye in said accident) it's just right - Benny's on his own in a 5x2 double hutch and it's not too roomy - just right for him, or possibly 2 bunnies - no way would a 6x2 double house 6 rabbits comfortably and safely.

Id go with the shed option too. I bought mine a summerhouse and moved them in a few weeks ago. It has made so much difference to my big rabbit who would sit outside all weathers. Now indoors is roomy he likes the warm!

Back