• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit :(

well i posted a problem a few weeks ago about my rabbit and got lots of replys and they really helped well i cleaned him up and everything i feed him on some pelets and mixed food and i give him hay evryday in his cage also he has it in his bed and straw hes started drinking lots now and hes seemed to have lost weight we are going to take him to the vets but i want to know what might be wrong with him he doesnt seem to be what hes normally like in his cage but when i bring him out hes like his normal self im soo worried about him and love him so much but i feel that the vet might think we are neglecting him please help thanks

I'm sure the vet won't think you're neglecting him - people who neglect thier rabbits don't bother with vets :)

Sorry to hear he's not great though - sounds like he may have kidney problems, or possibly e cuniculi, which is a parasite - both are treatable so you are right to take him to a vet ASAP - hope he's going to be OK.

My bun Holly had similar symptoms. I took her in to the vet and they did some blood work. She had a liver infection and after 2 weeks of antibiotics she was fine. IT sounds like you take great care of your bun so i am sure you aren't being neglectful.

Back