• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

food storage

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
sorry for so many threads being started-but i have a few different questions :oops:

was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere online that sells airtight containers big enough to store around 15kg of food in them? they really do have to be airtight though.

have looked around locally and cant find any containers big enough! help much appreciated :oops: :)

Ive been looking too! I need some for my dog & cat food & litter! But I can only find brightly coloured ones in the DIY stores :?

If you have a look on our site at the food bags. We are due to get in large ones that hold up to 10Kg of food. They are not air tight though but they do keep the food fresh and away from dust etc. (We use a few of the smaller bags at home for foods and treats)

They are due in on monday, I cant give you a price yet as we dont know what the RRP will be until they arrive. They do look identical to the current food bags just in Super Jumbo Size

I_24661_g.jpg

They also do a even larger size that will hold 25kg of food.

They look wicked!
But sadly my rats are free to leave their cage in the utility room during the day so they would have a FEAST!!! :lol: :lol:
I will look & see if you do any plastic ones though! :D

I use the green dustbins from Wilkcos - great for outdoors cos theyre watertight :D I bought a square one with lid there the other day for the hay but its not waterproof but would be ideal for indoors

thanks for the replies.

BunnyBasics:i have the same problem as leanne, my rats and bunnies all free range where the food is! :shock: so really need it to be a plastic storage container :?

i found a small one at sainsburys yesterday but it really is too small for what i need it for-and they only had one :? i did get it incase i get desperate, but im still looking!!

plenty of hardware stores do large plastic bins but i dont know of ANY that are air tight :?
the fabric zip up dog food bins dont inspire confidence in that particular catagory either.....

Back