• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi all! :)

SammieHernandez

Warren Scout
Hi everyone,

My name is Samantha Hernandez (call me Sammie!), I'm 18 and am currently living in deep south Texas with my husband of 3 months (in april). I originally lived in the UK but moved out to the USA a little over 1/2 a year ago.

Yesterday my husband and I bought two bunnies from our local pet store and we have sinced named them Lagomorph (Lago for short) and Blossom. Here are some pictures of them :D
Lagomorph
lago2.jpg

Lagomorph having dinner
lagoeating.jpg

Lagomorph trying to turn the tv on
lagomorph.jpg

Blossom
3_29_200510_09AM_0001.jpg

Blossom exploring
blossom.jpg

It's been a while since I've owned rabbits though so I'm a little rusty, hopefully I can get some tips here. To be honest, we're not 100% sure what sex or age they are, according to the pet store clerk they're not old enough yet...which to me sounds rediculous because I'm sure I've read somewhere that they can be sexed at 3 weeks. I've looked at some of the pictures on this site and others and I'm unable to decide personally, when my husband gets home we'll probably have another go. If anyone thinks they can help me I'll try and describe what I saw on both of them lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, now I'm going to go edit some video I took of my new babies ^.^

Hi Sammie...good to hear from you in Texas...you lucky girl!!!

You will get loads of advice once your post is read...so sorry I can't help but a big

welcome_018.gif

:wave: Hello and welcome.Your bunnies are beautiful.Sorry i can,t hep with the sexing of your buns.

We think that the white one (Blossom) might have gotten sick from being at the pet shop, she was sneezing a lot last night and we've noticed some nasal discharge too so we think it might be the snuffles although she seems much better today so *fingers crossed* that it's nothing to worry about too much.

Welcome and your buns are lovely!! I've just seen the vid and I love the song!! It makes want to hug my buns every time I hear it!

xxx

Heeh, yeah I just saw the movie of Rent so I'm on a bit of a musical kick at the moment and it seemed like a nice song to go along to it rather than the clicking of the camera :lol:

I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping one day I'll get to see the theatre version :)
I liked how the movie was camp and fun yet very real and touching. Angel is my favourite character :lol:

On the bunny front, my two little babies have settled down quiet a bit since getting them. We gave them some hay yesterday which they LOVE lol. How much hay are you supposed to give them? Like a handful or a constant supply? We're using timothy hay. We also got them a cool wooden house for them to play in :) And a litter box so I'm going to try litter training them, which doesn't seem to be going -too- badly today, it's mostly up that corner at least :wink:

The snuffily bunny (Blossom) is (according to my husband) looking better than when we got her, still a bit of a messy nose but she's eating, drinking, pooping, exercising just fine so hopefully it's something she'll get over okay. :?

I've just made a LARGE hay bin that I stuck in my rabbit's cage so I dont have to refill it everyday. But yes, hay should be the largest part of their diet :D

Yeah I was intending on picking one up or at least one of those hanging ones so that they could play at the same time but hubby went to the pet store without me to get the hay so I'll pick up some treats and toys another time. I don't mind keeping an eye on them, I'm home all day long :)

Back