• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, I'm new!

Pippin

New Kit
:bunny:

Hi, I have just had to have my lovely house rabbit, Pippin put down last week, he was 4 1/2 and was never a very healthy rabbit, cost me loads on vet bills. I'm currently working on my husband to let me have another one but he's quite adamant about it, I can usually make him come round to my way of thinking so I'll let you know if/when he does! :lol: (I'll get pet insurance too I think).

I feel quite lost without Pippin, it sounds daft but when I come home I usually say 'Hello' to him and talk to him or have a little cuddle and we're all still making sure we've shut the door behind us so he can't get out or watching where we're walking so we don't tread on him. And the carrot peel has to now go into the bin! Feels strange.

I've always had a rabbit although Pippin was my first proper house rabbit, the others I've had were outside in a hutch.

Anyway, a little about me - I'm a housewife/Mother to two teenagers, my daughter is 17 and my son is 14. I go to the gym most week days and I love to read, I always have a book on the go. I love skiing too.

Alison x

:wave: Hello there,
So sorry to hear about Pippin, it must have been very hard for you! I hope you can persuade your hubby to let you have another bun or two :D , there are plenty around needing good homes (see rabbits in need section). Good luck convincing him! I managed to talk my o/h round and we have two little house buns, Mia and Mea, although they are meant to be going outside when it warms up. We'll see.... :wink:
Nicola x

Hello :D

This time last year I had one house bunny Smirnoff. Now I have 11 house bunnies :shock: :lol:

Oh, you lucky things, I would love to have more than one bunny- although even one would be nice right now! There wasn't really a problem with having Pippin until he became ill and a bit incontinent so of course the carpet suffered! Plus the vet bills of course!

Welcome to the forums!! I'm sorry to hear about Pippin, and hopefully you can persuade your hubby to get another bun to fill that empty spacce in your heart!

Back