• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Heather please: 4pm all back to normal

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
I've just rushed Heather up the vets, she went ever so quiet this afternoon and started flopping down with her feet out to one side - but it was obvious that it wasn't a 'relaxed' flop. She has a low temperature and seems to be sore at the lower end of her tummy. She has had some metaclopromide, painkiller and antibiotic, and she is now drinking so I'm hoping that she will eat something soon. She is currently indoors and I've separated her from Harry for now as I want to monitor her pooing (and weeing in particular) She seems to be cheering up a bit with the painkiller but something is definitely wrong - bladder stone do you think?

Please send healing vibes for my beautiful girl. :cry:

alision sending her healing vibes, can you not tell the differnce in there poos? if you can sort of i would try and keep them together if poss as the stress of being away from her partner may not help with her stasis!

best wishes to her!

let us know how she is going!

Eve x

Thanks Eve - I'll probably put them back together in a while, it's just that I suspect a bladder stone so I want to see if she wees first. She did do a poo at the vets so I know there is at least a bit of movement. She has just had a few pieces of carrot so that's a bit of a relief!

By the way Eve I'm sure you'll be pleased to know there was a nice A4 poster for Briar Patch rescue on the vets' notice board!

AlisonA said:
Thanks Eve - I'll probably put them back together in a while, it's just that I suspect a bladder stone so I want to see if she wees first. She did do a poo at the vets so I know there is at least a bit of movement. She has just had a few pieces of carrot so that's a bit of a relief!

By the way Eve I'm sure you'll be pleased to know there was a nice A4 poster for Briar Patch rescue on the vets' notice board!

grand i am very pleased to hear that as they are actually helping soner that i thought they would! :lol:

She has just eaten a nice chunk of carrot and munched on some hay, and is now having a good old groom (obviously to get rid of the nasty vet smell :lol: ) so the painkiller must have kicked in. There has been rather a lot of gurgling noises too, so maybe it is her intestines rather than her bladder? I'd like a nice explosion from both rear orifices soon please!

AlisonA said:
She has just eaten a nice chunk of carrot and munched on some hay, and is now having a good old groom (obviously to get rid of the nasty vet smell :lol: ) so the painkiller must have kicked in. There has been rather a lot of gurgling noises too, so maybe it is her intestines rather than her bladder? I'd like a nice explosion from both rear orifices soon please!

:shock: :shock: :shock: hope you get um :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Hope Heather feels better soon. Feels odd as I have a sister called Heather, never met a Heather animal before! Fingers crossed she is on the road to rccovery and feels all well asap. Poor buns, bad tummies aren't nice.

Still no poops or wees, she is eating a little hay and carrot, and drinking LOTS. Back to the vets first thing in the morning I think :?

Still nothing :cry: She continues to munch, and now I've brought Harry in too, in the hope that he will encourage her to move around and eat something. They are safely installed in the lounge, and I will be sleeping on the sofa!! More pooping vibes please!

AlisonA said:
Still nothing :cry: She continues to munch, and now I've brought Harry in too, in the hope that he will encourage her to move around and eat something. They are safely installed in the lounge, and I will be sleeping on the sofa!! More pooping vibes please!

how about some infacol and belly rubs? she cant be that bad if she seating hun, bet shes teasing you and will cover the place when you go to bed!

healing vibes winging there way to chelmsford! :D

Do you think it would be ok to give some infacol now? She had metaclopromide at the vets, I wasn't sure whether I should top it up with infacol or not. She has just munched on a piece of apple (I know it's not the best thing for her to eat but figured it's better than nothing!) and is moving around and grooming, so like you say, she obviously isn't too bad. I'm still going to take her back to the vets in the morning though, as she must have drunk about 1/4 pint this evening - surely that's more than normal even though she isn't used to being indoors?

AlisonA said:
Do you think it would be ok to give some infacol now? She had metaclopromide at the vets, I wasn't sure whether I should top it up with infacol or not. She has just munched on a piece of apple (I know it's not the best thing for her to eat but figured it's better than nothing!) and is moving around and grooming, so like you say, she obviously isn't too bad. I'm still going to take her back to the vets in the morning though, as she must have drunk about 1/4 pint this evening - surely that's more than normal even though she isn't used to being indoors?

hi Alision sorry i missed ya had to go to bed for a while :shock: :lol: :lol: yes infacol can be gven at any time it 2 mils to start and the a mil even hour after as needed.

apple is not bad for her at this time anything to get her moving is better than watching the waste line :lol: :lol: a this time!

that amount of waters not a lot if shes under the weather as when they are ill they can become dhydrated (you know how to do that test dont you? very quickly, so its good shes is drinking, but if you are concerned get her back to the vets

hope shes feeling better now :D althought hopefully you dont know because you are tucked up tight in bed :D

eve x

Infacol is the UK version of baby gas meds, right? It does sound like she has gas issues, which is pretty common when the intestines aren't moving enough. Heat is good too, if you haven't given her a snuggle safe/heating pad/sock buddy yet. A sock buddy is a clean sock filled with dry rice and put in the microwave till it's warm. :lol:

Has she peed yet? Mocha went into stasis in January and couldn't pee either, I thought it was a bladder infection but the vet said she was perfectly healthy except for her intestines were empty and weren't moving enough- he thought it was a bacterial/viral issue. But anyway, I guess she was cramping too much to be able to pee until she started feeling better. Then she went everywhere just to make up for it! :shock:

I hope she's okay, she does sound like she's feeling better now that she's had painkillers.

Hi Alison, poor Heather!

Infacol is ok to give now, but maybe to be in on the safe side syringe some boiled cooled water as that is good for gas.

I hope she gets better soon! Holly was like this last Sunday, i syringed fed her and gave her infacol, she was ok in the end thankfully no vet was needed.

Let us know how you get on at the vets

Bonnie

Back